Tuesday 20 December 2011

My new favourite show / organization!

So while I have been in California I have had the luxury of having the animal planet channel! To all of those who know me, I did a happy dance when I found out.  Having been a volunteer at two different humane society's I am a HUGE fan of animal rescue and adoption shows.  Another well known fact about me is that I love Pitt bulls and AM staffs.  So when I came across Pitbulls and Parolees I was in heaven! The past few days have been a little overcast and chilly in Palm Springs so I have been watching back to back episodes of this show.  It is unreal! Her company is called Villalobos Rescue Center in Canyon Country, CA. My favourite part is that they are giving the most misunderstood breed a second chance while they are also giving individuals on parole a second chance as well.  The owner, Tia Torres, is a tough love kind of women but shows her immensely large heart through the care for these dogs and employees.  Another great part of the show is that all the dogs she has at the ranch are available for adoption and the website is given out on the show.  I have been anxiously waiting for my college graduation so I can finally adopt the best friend that I have been dreaming about.  I am not sure how the adoption through her rescue works for Canadians, but I will be calling her first!  There is no better feeling than helping a dog and making that small difference.  For anyone who is looking for a fun-loving addition to their family, check out their website and adoption page.

Here are some dogs up for adoption!

This little cutie is Bond!
This sweetie is a Hurricane Katrina dog who has come a long way! Her name is Lily :)

Well, time to watch some more Pitbulls and Parolees!

xo
MissBee

1 comment:

  1. i was signed up to volunteer as a foster for dogs until i realized i would want each and every one of them. i am still on the list, so we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete